Mountain City Tennessee is a delightful small town just over the mountain from Johnson City Tennessee. It's about a forty minute drive, a pretty drive at that. This post is a re-write of my original post http://actvra.in/NrC back in February of 2012. I am now going to expand on the quaint town of Mountain City Tennessee.
Mountain City, Tennessee is surrounded by mountains and lakes. Watauga lake is one of the cleanest lakes in the Tri Cities and is proud to be associated with Mountain City. Just a short drive to drop your boat in. The great part about Watauga lake is that it is surrounded by 80% Cherokee National Forest. The other 20% is homesteads. The water is clear and blue and cold! Not really, in the heat of the summer, that water is perfect for a quick dip!!
Mountain City is located in Johnson County Tennessee in the Appalachian Mountain chain. The elevations in the county range from 1800 to 5000 feet above sea level. Mountain City is 2350 feet above sea level. That's quite an elevation for this mountain town! It actually has the highest elevation of any city in Tennessee.
That my friends, is new information for me as well!
Johnson County, a great county! Some of the great points of this area iclude the famous "snake" motorcycle trip through Mountain City and Shady Valley. You only need to drive on this curvy road trip one time and you will understand the name! In Butler there is the Butler museum, where you will learn all about the long ago community, lost but not forgotten, buried deep beneath Watauga lake.
Another well known spot for tourists and residents alike is Redtail golf community. It is a fabulous place to golf and the homes are incredible. They have a section of condos towards the front of the community, and as you drive deeper into the development, you drive up through the mountains and find amazing stone, log and custom built homes. They are really quite delightful. There are also many lots for sale as well. They start at approximately $75,000.00 for half acre. All lots and homes have incredible mountain views.
Cindy Edwards- text or call me: 423-677-6677
OR: Subscribe to my blog via email!
My name is Cindy Edwards and I am a Realtor in Tri-Cities Tennessee. We have a very successful Team concept that has something for everyone. If you are looking to buy or sell in Johnson City, Bristol or Kingsport Tennessee, you have made the right stop here! Please visit our website that is about the surrounding area of the Tri-Cities and helps you realize what a fantastic place this area is to live. Tri-Cities is close to some very popular areas and boasts Mountains and lakes!
We have a full time photographer, handyman, web marketer and client care manager on our team. As well as a buyers agent and I myself specialize in listing and selling YOUR property. Please visit us on the web and let us make your next home buying or selling experience a positive one, you'll remember for years! Or goal is to have you come back to us