It's winter and saving money is always on our mind, along with staying warm! Here are some simple steps to help you save a little energy and money around the house.
1. Caulk and weather strip around windows and doors to stop air leaks. ( I did this today- so easy!)
2. Seal gaps in floors and walls, as well as around pipes and electrical wiring.
3. Inspect ductwork and repair leaks.
4. Keep your outside air unit clear of debris or weeds.
5. Change your air filters monthly! (Did that today too!)
6. Replace incandescent bulbs with compact florescent. They use 75 % less energy and last 10 times longer.
7. Turn off lights, televisions and other appliances when not in use.
8. Run dishwasher and clothes washer only when full.
9. Make sure your outside vent is clear and clean the lint filter after every load.
10. Add insulation to crawlspace and attic.
11. Last yet not least...... Close fireplace damper when not in use (except on December 24th)
Cindy Edwards- text or call me: 423-677-6677
OR: Subscribe to my blog via email!
My name is Cindy Edwards and I am a Realtor in Tri-Cities Tennessee. We have a very successful Team concept that has something for everyone. If you are looking to buy or sell in Johnson City, Bristol or Kingsport Tennessee, you have made the right stop here! Please visit our website that is about the surrounding area of the Tri-Cities and helps you realize what a fantastic place this area is to live. Tri-Cities is close to some very popular areas and boasts Mountains and lakes!
We have a full time photographer, handyman, web marketer and client care manager on our team. As well as a buyers agent and I myself specialize in listing and selling YOUR property. Please visit us on the web and let us make your next home buying or selling experience a positive one, you'll remember for years! Or goal is to have you come back to us