Is Your Charlotte Neighbor Selling Their Home TOO?
It's tough enough selling one home or even two in a neighborhood but, what if you, as a seller, are faced with multiple homes for sale in the same neighborhood, complex or even on the same street? Did your neighbor JUST put their Charlotte home on the market?
Face this situation with a positive outlook! Multiple Charlotte homes for sale, on your street could just mean that your neighbors are all being transferred at the same time you are--or this could mean that you're all upsizing or downsizing at the same time! Don't let this get you down!
Approach this in a more positive and effective manner:
1. No matter the results of individual open houses in your area, hold a 'neighborhood' open. Buyers are searching more 'hyperlocally' (basically, they've narrowed their search down to a neighborhood or two), so holding a neighborhood open is like going to the candy store for those buyers! Buyers LOVE neighborhood open houses and being able to see the variety, quality and even perhaps, meet some of the neighbors to see that, indeed, this IS the neighborhood or complex for them.
2. If your neighbors are selling, your chances of having to ask them to mow their lawn or freshen up their flower beds are far less! They have a vested interest in getting their home sold too so, your street has probably never looked this manicured!
3. Write a letter to the buyer--include in it what you love about your home, the school assignment and the neighborhood--you can even be specific and mention that your next door neighbors are the best you've ever had; explain your reason for moving unless, of course, it is a negative personal reason. Make this about lifestyle too--buyers are interested in lifestyle; perhaps that's why they selected YOUR neighborhood!
4. Save neighborhood newsletters and directories to share with your potential buyer. In your directory, highlight the neighbors that are near and dear to you and leave it on the counter for potential buyers to see. Most of my buyers want to be in friendly neighbors and this is top priority for them!
5. Encourage those coming through you home to take a look at the other homes--if the neighbor's home sells, it is a POSITIVE for the neighborhood! Remember, if yours is in the best condition and priced well, they'll quickly see that too!
Don't look at this as a competition, look at it as support in getting your home sold!
(THE best Charlotte home search available - no kidding!)
Direct: (704) 491-3310
GET THE CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES APP AT GOOGLE PLAY